We are excited to announce that we have established an Associate Director (AD) Program
This program is designed to provide an opportunity for a member to serve as a volunteer. The AD would participate in strategic and general policy discussions with the Board, under the supervision of the Board, in a non-voting volunteer capacity.
Qualifications for the Position of AD
- Must be a member of MSEFCU in good standing for at least one year and possess a credit rating devoid of unexplained bankruptcies or collections.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and not employed by the MSEFCU for the past two years.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in business, education, and/or as a community leader is desirable. Must have an aptitude for financial information.
- Must be willing to commit sufficient time to discharge the duties of a director and stay current in the field through continuing education.
- Must be of the highest moral and ethical character and exhibit independence and objectivity in representing the best interests of the membership.
- Must be a good communicator and possess interpersonal skills that facilitate good working relationships with other Board members and senior management.
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn about financial and auditing principles.
- A demonstrated desire to learn about the credit union, its services, the laws and regulations that govern it, and the job responsibilities of a director and committee member.
- Must keep an open mind with the ability to employ sound judgment, accept responsibility and function effectively within a group.
Requirements and Duties of Associated Directors
- An AD is expected to successfully complete at least the first three modules of the Volunteer Achievement Program (VAP) through CUNA Professional Development on-line website or other appropriate training as designated by the Chairman in the first twelve months of their term at CU expense, in order to be considered for reappointment.
- An AD is expected to complete all training required of Directors.
- Associate Directors are expected to attend all Board meetings, Committee meetings to which they are appointed, and the Annual Meeting. If an AD fails to attend regular meetings of the Board for three consecutive months or four meetings within a calendar year, or otherwise fails to perform duties of an AD in the sole discretion of a majority of the Board of Directors, the AD may be removed from office by the Board of Directors in executive (closed) session.
- The AD may, at the discretion of the Chairman of the Board, be invited to attend the Annual Planning Retreat.
- Upon approval of the Chairman of the Board, an AD can attend conferences, forums, or training at CU expense allowed Directors in accordance with Bylaws, policies or otherwise adopted by the Board of Directors.
- An AD is expected to participate in board meeting discussions. However, an AD cannot make a motion or second a motion nor can an AD vote. An AD will not be allowed to attend executive (closed) sessions of the Board unless approved by the Board of Directors in advance.
- Associate Directors are expected to promote MSEFCU and the credit union's products and services.
- Associate Directors shall comply with the confidentiality required of all Directors.
- An AD must be bondable under current guidelines established by MSEFCU's fidelity bond carrier.
Serving as an AD does not guarantee that an AD will become a Director. To become a Director, an AD is subject to election to the Director position as outlined in the MSEFCU bylaws.