You can join MSEFCU if you are...
- School Employees of Merced and Mariposa Counties
- Kindergarten through High School Students in Merced and Mariposa Counties
- Retired School Employees from Merced and Mariposa Counties
- UC Merced Employees
- UC Merced Students
- Merced College Employees
- Merced College Students
- McClatchy Publishing Employees
- MSEFCU Employees
- Spouse of a Deceased Primary Member
And the following relatives and household members of those listed above may also join:
- Sons and Daughters
- Sons In-Law and Daughters In-Law
- Father and Mother
- Fathers In-Law and Mothers In-Law
- Sisters and Brothers
- Sisters In-Law and Brothers In-Law
- Household Members
Your membership starts with a five-dollar deposit into your account and a five-dollar membership fee. The concept of "once a member, always a member" applies even if you leave the credit union's field of membership or move to a different location. Once you establish and maintain your account you can enjoy all the privileges of membership, as long as you keep the account open - even if you move, change jobs, or retire.
To qualify for other services, such as loan services, a minimum of $5 must be in the regular savings account.